Sports


Aryna Sabalenka apologises to Coco Gauff for comments

Aryna Sabalenka apologises to Coco Gauff for comments

Berlin, June 17 (UNI) Aryna Sabalenka said she wrote to Coco Gauff to apologise for her "completely unprofessional" remarks after the American beat her in the French Open final.
World number one Sabalenka put in an error-strewn performance in a 6-7 (5-7) 6-2 6-4 loss to Gauff earlier this month.
The Belarusian said afterwards it was the "worst final I ever played", adding: "I think she won the match not because she played incredible but just because I made all of those mistakes."

More News

'An experience of a lifetime': Skipper Babette de Leede on Netherlands T20WC debut

18 May 2026 | 5:03 PM

Amsterdam, May 18 (UNI) Captain Babette de Leede is eager to play in home-like conditions in what will be Netherlands' maiden ICC Women's T20 World Cup appearance.

see more..

Sally Bolton to step down as All England Club chief

18 May 2026 | 4:39 PM

London, May 18 (UNI) Sally Bolton will step down as the All England Lawn Tennis Club's (AELTC) chief executive after Wimbledon following six years in the role. .

see more..

Nepal beat Scotland in Cricket World Cup League 2

18 May 2026 | 4:33 PM

Kirtipur, May 18 (UNI) Nepal gain important momentum in the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup League 2 standings as they climbed to fifth place with a crucial victory against Scotland.

see more..

Barcelona beat Real Betis to ensure perfect home La Liga record

18 May 2026 | 4:24 PM

Madrid, May 18 (UNI) Raphinha scored twice as Spanish champions Barcelona became the first team to win all 19 of their home matches in a 38-game La Liga season.
The Brazilian forward opened the scoring in the 28th minute with a free-kick which caught out Alvaro Valles on his side of the goal on Sunday.
He doubled his tally in the 62nd minute with a simple finish after intercepting a sloppy pass from Real Betis captain and former Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin.

see more..

Neymar furious as he is wrongly substituted

18 May 2026 | 4:17 PM

Rio de Janeiro, May 18 (UNI) Neymar was involved in a furious row with officials after Santos claimed the forward had been wrongly substituted in their 3-0 defeat by Coritiba.
The 34-year-old was looking to impress a day before Brazil manager Carlo Ancelotti names his squad for this summer's World Cup.

see more..