India


India retaliates for Pahalgam carnage by hitting terror factory in Pakistan

India retaliates for Pahalgam carnage by hitting terror factory in Pakistan

New Delhi, May 7 (UNI) A fortnight after the ghastly terror attack in Pahalgam, Indian armed forces carried out a huge operation codenamed ‘Sindoor’, hitting and destroying nine terrorist training camps in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
The operation, carried out between 1.05 AM and 1.30 AM today, was aimed at disabling the capacity of the Pakistan-based terrorist groups to send terrorists again into India to cause further bloodshed, officials said here.
The targets hit included terror training camps run by Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) in places like Muridke near Lahore, Bahawalpur, Sialkot in Pakistan and Kotli and Muzaffarabad in POJK.
The officials underscored that no civilian or military installations or infrastructure were targeted or hit during the operation and that there was no report of any civilian casualty in the attack “till now”.
“As you are all aware, on April 22, 2025, Pakistani and Pakistan-trained terrorists belonging to the Lashkar-e-Taiba carried out a savage attack on Indian tourists in Pahalgam in Jammu and Kashmir in India. They murdered 26 people, including one national of Nepal,” said Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri while briefing the media here.
Misri, who was accompanied by Colonel Sofiya Qureshi and IAF Wing Commander Voymika Singh at the briefing, said this was the “largest civilian casualty” in a terror attack after the Mumbai attacks of 2008.
“The attack in Pahalgam was marked by extreme barbarity, with victims killed with mostly head shots from close range and in front of their families. The family members were deliberately traumatised through the manner of the killing, accompanied by the exhortation that they should take back the message,” he said.
“The attack was clearly driven by the objective of undermining the normalcy returning to Jammu and Kashmir. In particular, it was designed to impact the mainstay of the economy – tourism – with a record 23 million tourists visiting the valley last year, “ Misri said.
He said, “Despite a fortnight having passed, there has been no demonstrable step from Pakistan against terrorists’ infrastructure in its area” and “it was deemed essential that the perpetrators and planners of the Pahalgam attack be brought to justice.”
“The Operation Sindoor was executed to deliver justice to the victims of Pahalgam,” said Colonel Sofiya Qureshi.
Both Colonel Qureshi and Wing Commander Voymika Singh said the targets were selected carefully to avoid damage to civilian infrastructure and precision-based weapons were used.
The operation was carried out clinically, they said.
“India demonstrated considerable restraint, but Indian armed forces are fully prepared for any Pakistani misadventure,” said Col Qureshi while winding up the briefing, where no questions were allowed. UNI RBE AKK SSP

More News

NOIDA workers' protest: SC directs UP police to produce two accused before it

16 May 2026 | 1:33 AM

Parmod Kumar
New Delhi, May 15 (UNI) The Supreme Court on Friday directed the Uttar Pradesh government to produce before it two accused — Aditya Anand and Rupesh Roy — arrested in connection with the NOIDA workers' protest last month that had allegedly turned violent, amid allegations that they were subjected to custodial torture by the police.

see more..

Rahul Gandhi Alleges ‘Systemic Murder’ of Students Over Exam Scams, Slams Government on Inflation

16 May 2026 | 12:45 AM

‎‎New Delhi, May 15 (UNI) ‎Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday launched a sharp attack on the Narendra Modi government over recurring examination paper leaks and alleged irregularities in competitive tests, accusing the system of destroying the lives and futures of students across the country.

see more..

109 families get compassionate appointment in NDMC, medical card provided to contractual employees: CM

16 May 2026 | 12:38 AM

New Delhi, May 15 (UNI) Chief Minister Rekha Gupta on Friday distributed appointment letters and medical cards to the employees of the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), who were appointed on compassionate grounds.

see more..

Justice Swarna Kanta not hearing liquor scam case after initiating contempt proceeding on Kejriwal & others proof of her ideal judicial conduct: Sachdeva

16 May 2026 | 12:34 AM

New Delhi, May 15 (UNI) Delhi BJP chief Virendra Sachdeva on Friday said that the decision of Delhi High Court Judge Swarna Kanta Sharma to withdraw from hearing the liquor scam case, after initiating criminal contempt proceedings against AAP leaders including Arvind Kejriwal and others in the excise policy case, is a proof of her high judicial and personal ethics.

see more..

PM Modi's austerity call: Delhi Min Verma rides bicycle to event, Mishra drives EV to secretariat

16 May 2026 | 12:29 AM

New Delhi, May 15 (UNI) Leading by example, Delhi Minister Parvesh Verma on Friday was seen riding a bicycle from his home to the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) office, in an effort to translate Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s fuel conservation call into action.

see more..